The ACI Milestones
- The ACI establishes in-house Regulatory and Compliance Unit, headed by Dr Parveen Bhatarah.
- First ACI member submits CBD dossier for Novel Foods application.
- The ACI launches it’s CBD safety certification initiative
- A YouGov poll commissioned by The ACI demonstrates overwhelming support for recent FSA guidance concerning CBD.
- Committee On Toxicology (COT) release CBD update report.
- The Foods Standards Agency (FSA) provides clear regulatory guidance for the UK CBD industry.
- The ACI commences Novels Foods applications for our members.
- The CMC outline plans to undertake a comprehensive review of analytical testing for the UK cannabis industry.
- The CMC announces the formation of the Association for the Cannabinoid Industry (The ACI). See background paper.
- The CMC announces partnership with the leading life-sciences regulatory services consultancy, Global Regulatory Services.
- The CMC launches “Quality Charter” to put CBD industry on path to legal compliance.
- Committee On Toxicology (COT) scoping paper on the potential adverse effects of CBD products
- CMC released their groundbreaking market research and policy report “CBD in the UK“.
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) classifies all cannabinoids as unauthorised novel foods.